If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Demands
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes healthcare Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) will likely to be submitted to PubMed Central after final issue book and certainly will freely be made obtainable in year.
- You can find extra US national Agencies and funders that are private have actually partnerships utilizing the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A listing of these businesses are present. For certain here is how to comply with the policies among these funders, please see their internet sites. All about depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity having a general public access policy.
- Please be aware that some funders (including the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) may need book under an Open Access permit and subsequent repayment of the cost. Start access expenses and book fees are authorized expenses that are grant which authors can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will support the language that is following “this really is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the imaginative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons internet site), which allows unrestricted reuse, distribution, and reproduction in every medium, offered the initial work is correctly cited.”
- In case the manuscript is accepted for book, you are expected during the evidence phase to verify the capital way to obtain your paper also to accept spend any relevant post-publication access costs.
- Reimbursement: Although we have been generally speaking not able to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access charges after book, writers searching for reimbursement should contact the principle Publications Officer at email@example.com.
Manuscript Preparation Tips and Checklist
Below is a list associated with the fundamental structure demands. To find out more, see Editorial Policies. The editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, contact.
Recommendations on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the policies that are editorial. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals enable submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions JUST, writers may upload A pdf that is single of distribution files. Nonetheless, if writers elect to upload a .doc form of their manuscript file, the machine should be able to draw out a lot of the metadata automatically, that might speed going through the online distribution kind. Please be aware that no matter which choice writers choose, text, numbers, and tables must certanly be uploaded as split files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Make use of a double-spaced, single-column structure with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize line that is continuous through the entire manuscript. Manuscripts presented without line figures will soon be came back.
- Paginate the document that is entire.
- Spot all tables and numbers following the recommendations and label each clearly.
- Gather required information before you begin the submission procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Comprehensive names, organizations, and e-mail details for every single writer.
- Submitting authors have to provide an ORCiD whenever uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate money information for every single writer.
- Disclosure information for every author.
- Names and e-mail details for three suggested reviewers.
- Original manuscript number if manuscript being submitted was once refused by the log to which it really is being resubmitted.
- No employment cover letter is necessary. A text block is supplied through the distribution procedure for unique demands.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed when you look at the Figure directions have already been followed.
Directions on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two versions of one’s manuscript will soon be needed: (1) A marked-up copy to be utilized for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes built to the writing, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content which includes all color and mark-up taken out of text, legends, and tables which is employed by manufacturing, when your manuscript be accepted. Both variations of one’s manuscript should really be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Take note that in addition to one content color that is showing markup, the 2 copies of one’s manuscript should both add all revisions and start to become identical. The copy that is clean include all revisions reflected when you look at the marked-up version, but have actually tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Use constant line numbering throughout both the marked manuscript and also the clean manuscript document. Manuscripts presented without line figures is came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Adjusted and reproduced numbers and tables are allowed just in mini-reviews. Keep in mind that the permissions staff can assist the writer with determining the appropriate variety of authorization to acquire. Whenever determining the status of a figure / dining dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: in the event that you created a figure or dining table especially for the work being submitted, this is certainly a genuine with no permissions are needed.
REPRODUCED: in case a figure or table seems in a unique book just as it starred in the first publication, it is reproduced. Authorization must certanly be provided by the publisher and attribution towards the initial supply must be supplied.
ADAPTED: If a figure or dining dining table is adjusted, its modified from the appearance that is original but closely resembles the first. Authorization must certanly be written by the publisher and attribution into the source that is original be supplied.
In cases where a figure or dining table utilizes elements from another source, or sources that are multiple writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
Then your reproduction of their data/illustrative elements is a derivative work (or “adaptation”) if you create a figure or table that (1) includes someone else’s previously published data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are incorporated into your work to illustrate similar facts or conclusions,. Authorization must certanly be acquired through the owner and a citation into the original work must be supplied in your figure/table legend.
Then your usage could be “transformative. if for example the usage of somebody else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes past just adjusting their act as described above,” You may not need to obtain permission, but you do need to provide a citation if you believe the work is transformative.
To be transformative, your usage should include one thing uniquely a new comer to the root data/illustrative elements or provide an unusual function, function, or character compared to work that is original. One element to think about is whether the work that is new remain competitive with or as supplanting the interest in the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive aided by the work that is original. If you think your usage is transformative, you will need to look for guidance from my sources your own appropriate institutional officers to look for the appropriate status associated with the numbers and tables you consist of along with your presented manuscript and supply the right language when you look at the figure/table legend.
In the event that you determine your work is “transformative” and does not need permission through the owner, you need to approve it as a result and work out an obvious statement (citation) within the figure/table legend in regards to the way to obtain the information. It’s important that particular instances be plainly examined because of the writers of course required, the s that are institution( accountable for the job submitted by the writers. Writers should always be willing to supply the editorial workplace with paperwork showing the initial figure or dining table and explaining the transformative nature of this work that is new.